Friday, November 5, 2010

because it has been a wonder

I have written this poem out of nothingness. Nothing else of interest except that with full confidence I’m sharing it to you. Even then, enjoy as I’m enjoying dragging myself. I ought to be getting some sleep. It’s 2:30 in the morning. My sister before going to sleep had but a confused sense of what she was going to say to me. She had instinctively avoided mentioning of putting off the lights early. She had grown tired of prompting me and was seized with the despairing sense of helplessness. She knew well enough of my having kept the lights on as long as my mind does not grew perfectly drained.

Because It Has Been A Wonder

It has been one of the wonders 
For the iron heavens seemed to melt and rain down sweetness
Having done something glimmering in my empty world 
Giving a warm sense of constancy and reliance
Stealing a wave of reticence
Regaining any signs of exhaustion and contend.

It has been one of the wonders
Coz I’m apparently driven with such taste and impulse
My silence conceals far reaching resentments
Beyond further pretense of reserve
With some shred of memory
Something must be done at once.

It is madness then to withhold
To be terrified with the bliss of feelings
Thinking of confused possibilities
At other times, hiding with joy of indifference
In the stillness of accelerated beat of my thought 
I’m going to do something less definable but more exquisite.

Because it has been a wonder.
To take pleasure in the shattered fragments of expectations.


Note: This poem is a republish of my wife's original post in Friendster dated 18 October 2006 at 9:18pm

No comments: