Thursday, February 3, 2011

corruption no more

I tuned in this afternoon to the Senate Blue Ribbon committee's hearing on military corruption. Although I did not get all the details as to what they were talking about (since I wasn't tuning in to the news these past few days), I could say that these are promising developments to the reforms that we have been longing for the Philippines. One of the resource speakers (from COA) mentioned that the problem was with the system and that it was not effective in preventing corruption. If this was the case, hopefully our government officials will do something about it and reform the policies. However, I believe corruption cannot be simply eliminated by creating a tougher system or policies. Corruption can be abolished when people begin to develop values - especially honesty and integrity.

I applaud the officials who have stepped out to reveal these anomalies (despite impending threats to their careers, life, and families). May we indeed see reform to our beloved country.

No comments: